New Mexico Museum Foundation
Fred Harvey Foodie Dinner
Join us for a truly historic Fred Harvey-inspired meal in Santa Fe to benefit the New Mexico History Museum’s exhibitions and public programming, and the New Mexico Museum Foundation. Drinks and then dinner will be served in the grand ballroom at La Fonda on the Plaza.
Top local chefs will reinterpret classic dishes that civilized the wild West, along with between-course foodie history commentary from bestselling author Stephen Fried, Harvey family members, and others.
Our menu and guest chefs:
• Hors d’ouevres: Baked Oysters Theodore with Crab Veloute, Swiss Cheese & Lemon; Deviled Eggs w/Mustard Pickles; Mushrooms Stuffed with Braised Shortribs, Parmesan and Tomato Sauce
(Lane Warner, La Fonda)
• Food demonstration: Harvey Girl Little Orange Pancakes with Smoked Salmon & Caviar
(Chef & MC JohnnyVee, Las Cosas Cooking School )
• Soup: Albondigas a la Castaneda with Clever Garnish (Jason Stewart, Inn at Loretto)
• Salad: Alligator Pear (Avocado) Salad with Secret Vinaigrette (Erin Wade & Avery Pearson, Vinaigrette)
• Main Course: Mescalero Apache Prime Angus Strip Steak Diane with Winter Squash & Red Chard Ragout, and Crispy Shitake Mushrooms (Peter O’Brien, Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi)
• Dessert: Pecan Sponge Cake with Cranberry Sherbet (Heather Guay, Los Poblanos Historic Inn)
Recently featured on “CBS Sunday Morning“, the Fred Harvey Foodie Dinner is now in its third year, and it sells out very quickly. So please RSVP as soon as possible to assure that you and yours can join us.
Each diner will receive a specially boxed set of Mimbreno china ramekins–designed by Mary Colter and reproduced by HF Coors–along with a print of “The Last Harvey Girls,” the beloved painting by Tina Mion.