The Lensic has a state of the art conventional lighting system. The house stock plot consists of 8 overhead electrics with backlight, downlight, highside light and specials.
The front of house system consists of left and right near and far box booms and a catwalk with an upper and lower pipe. The light plot is semi-permanent and most fixtures, with the exception of the orchestra shell system, may be re-hung, re-circuited, re-focused, colored or barrels swapped as needed, where schedule and labor budget permit.
The house plot is maintained for use by many groups who provide neither a lighting designer nor technical staff, yet desire substantial lighting. All instruments that are moved for a particular production must be restored to the house plot, paid for by the producer. Every show must be colored and focused since the house has no standard focus. Dance booms and ground row must be built and circuited for each show.
- The house light board is an ETC GIO with a 40 slider
LED fader wing; specifications can be found here.
- House dimmers are 2.4K ETC D20E Sensor Classics. There are alsoo 8 D50AF modules with outputs in specific locations throughout the theater and 5 R20AF relay that can be swapped in for regular dimmers if need. They are located in a temperature controlled room on the basement level.
- The theater operates on a combination ETC Net2 and Net3 node system and DMX can be provided from 15 areas in the theater, including front of house, stage deck, both rails and the grid.
- House and work lights are controlled using ETC Paradigm. There are button stations throughout the theater and touchscreen control stage left and in the light booth. If needed house lights can also be patched into the lightboard.
- There are two 400amp disconnects on stage level to provide touring companies with separate power for lighting and sound packages.
- The theater has 8 Martin MAC Auras and 4 Martin MAC Viper Performance moving head lighting instruments. They are NOT a part of the house plot, and extra time should be allowed for setting them up.
|10||ETC Source 4, 10° 750w (6 are barrels only)||(12”x12” frames)|
|52||ETC Source 4, 19° 750w||(6.25” frames)|
|90||ETC Source 4, 26° 750w||(6.25” frames)|
|80||ETC Source 4, 36° 750w||(6.25” frames)|
|8||ETC Source 4, 50° 750w||(6.25” frames)|
|17||Wybron Cygnus MF 200w LED Wash with barn doors||(7.5” frames)|
|68||Altman Par 64 MFL 1kw (2 hung permanently as Balcony curtain warmers)||(10” frames)|
|6||L&E 12-Cell, 3 Circuit Par 56 Strips (5a and 7a Electrics)||(7.5″ frames)|
|16||Altman GC-3, 3-cell 750w Cyc Lights (overhead)||(9”x13”frames)|
|8||Altman GC-6, 6-cell 750w Cyc Lights (ground-row)||(9”x13”frames)|
|4||Martin MAC Viper Performance Moving Head units|
|2||Lycian Super Star Spotlights 1.2 1200w HB lamp|
|8||Apollo Smartcolor 7.25 Color Scrollers|
|2||Apollo Roto-Q Rotators|
|3||Rosco DMX Iris|
|14||ETC Drop-in Iris|
|40||ETC Size A Pattern Holders|
|32||ETC Size B Pattern Holders|
|4||ETC Glass Pattern Holders|