Safe Access to Lensic Events
We remain committed to making your Lensic experience as safe and comfortable as possible. Please check this page often for the latest information on protocols for our patrons, staff members, and performing artists. We appreciate your help as we work together to keep our community healthy!
Last Updated: January 7, 2022
Lensic Safe Events Policy
For the safety of our community, the following safety policies are in effect at all Lensic events.
The Lensic requires face masks to be worn by everyone ages 2 and older, including patrons, staff, volunteers, artists, and backstage crew members, regardless of vaccination status. Face masks should be properly fitted and worn to cover the nose and mouth. Masks must remain on at all times except when actively eating or drinking.
Proof of Vaccination or Negative Covid Test
Everyone ages 12 or older will be required to present one of the following for admission to an event at The Lensic.
- Proof of full vaccination. We’ll ask to see your official vaccination card (photocopies and photos displayed on your smartphone are also fine) along with your ID. “Full vaccination” means you’ve received the complete dosage of the Moderna, Pfizer, or J&J vaccine—or other vaccines approved by the World Health Organization—at least 14 days prior to your Lensic visit.
- To enjoy the convenience of leaving your vaccination card at home when you attend events, register for our Fast Track list.
- We’ll check your card once and keep your “pre-checked” status on file. Click here for Fast Track details.
- Proof of a recent negative Covid test. For those not vaccinated, we will also accept clinically verified negative test results from a rapid Covid test taken within 6 hours of showtime or a PCR Covid test taken within 72 hours of showtime. The name on the test results should match your ID. If you need assistance finding a test location, the New Mexico Department of Health’s Screening and Testing Sites page is a good resource.
Children 2 to 11 are exempt from the requirements above but are required to wear properly fitted masks at all times in the theater except when eating or drinking.
Privacy Note: The Lensic will never share your vaccination information.
Please review your health status before attending a Lensic event. Kindly postpone your visit if you or anyone in your party is exhibiting symptoms of Covid or another possibly contagious illness.
If you have recently tested positive for Covid, please follow the most recent guidelines from the New Mexico Department of Health before you return to the theater. Refunds will be offered for health-related cancelations.
For the health and safety of everyone, any patron who is not following The Lensic’s most current Covid safety rules will need to leave the theater immediately. Ticket refunds will not be offered to those asked to leave for Covid safety violations.
Air Filtration & Circulation
Thanks to our state-of-the-art ventilation system, air in the Lensic auditorium is completely replaced by fresh, filtered air every 13 minutes. Before flowing into the theater, outside air is run through a Merv 13 filter designed to capture aerosol particles as small as .3 to 1.0 microns, meeting safety standards set by the CDC and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
A Clean Environment
- The CDC continues to recommend frequent hand washing to prevent the spread of germs. You’ll find contact-free hand sanitizing stations, containing commercial-grade sanitizer, in the lobby and inside the auditorium.
- All surface and high-touch areas in the auditorium, lobby, restrooms, and other public spaces are cleaned thoroughly before and after performances.