Arts Education Virtual Experience: Agua Es Vida
If you are an educator and would like to share “Agua Es Vida” with your students,
please register below. You will receive a teachers guide and the links you’ll need to watch the production online with your students.
Questions? Call 505-988-7050, ext. 2202, or include them in your registration form.
“Agua Es Vida” / “Water Is Life”
A Dance & Storytelling Adventure Celebrating Mexican Culture
Free Online Arts Experience for Grades K–3
Online Presentation + Teaching Guide
Available for Viewing October 25–November 5
The Lensic is pleased to present a new education offering for teachers and students in grades K through 3: “Agua Es Vida” (“Water Is Life”), available to watch on demand October 25–November 5.
“Agua Es Vida” is the story of a mother looking for ways to tell her children about climate change and the importance of water in our world. Not sure how to explain things, she turns to her ancestors for help. Together we enjoy Indigenous dances and songs that honor the Earth and her natural resources. Featuring colorfully costumed performers and dances from Veracruz, Guerrero, and Michoacán, Mexico, “Agua Es Vida” introduces young students to Mexican music and culture. “Agua Es Vida” is a Rhythm of the Arts production, featuring performers from the Mexico Beyond Mariachi music and dance company.
• Recommended for students in grades K through 3
• Length: 30 minutes
• Watch together as a class or individually
• Package includes a link to watch online plus an activities guide for teachers.
• Themes: Indigenous Cultures, Music, and Dance / Water as a Vital Natural Resource / The Wisdom of Ancestors and Family
• Curriculum Connections: Communication and Language Arts, Music, History and Geography, Science (Conservation), Relationships and Family
Support for this program is generously provided by Del Norte LOV Foundation and PNM Resources.