Lensic Arts Education: Beatrix Potter & Friends
Thank you for registering for
Beatrix Potter & Friends
Available for Viewing: March 28–April 8, 2022
Recommended for: Pre-K through Grade 3
We hope you and your students enjoy Beatrix Potter & Friends, a Chicago Children’s Theatre production, brought to you by Lensic Performing Arts Education Programs.
You can download the Teaching Guide/Lesson Plans for Beatrix Potter & Friends here.
Each of the following four tales may be watched on its own; each is 15 minutes long. One tale + activities from the teaching guide = one 45–60 minute lesson.
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher
- The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse
- The Tailor of Gloucester
- To identify emotions and practice acting on empathy
- To practice emotional regulation tactics when things don’t go as planned
- To explore why we sometimes experience a change of heart
- To reflect on choices and consequences
- To celebrate how made-up stories can help us be thoughtful about our real lives
- To create our own adventure stories as a classroom community
Questions? Please contact:
505-988-7050, ext. 2202.
This Lensic education program is generously supported by the Santa Fe Community Foundation.